Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an American style frost free BEKO fridge freezer and

Customer Question

Good morning. I have an American style frost free BEKO fridge freezer and the red light with exclamation mark has been on since the early hours of this morning. The motor/fan seems to be running but I'm not sure, as the fridge is not not doing the normal periodical run and then shutting off. I've misplaced the manual and I'm not even sure of the model number. The unit was bought in 2012 from SHOE TAILOR/JD WILLIAMS and I've been very satisfied with its performance so far. I am a Senior Citizen and not tech-savvy. Is it time to get an engineer in?
Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: As Stated above, it is a BEKO American Style Frost Free Fridge Freezer purchased in 2012. Model number is ***** available to me as Ive misplaced the manual
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No. But I have a family member who may be able to sort it out for me if it's not simply pushing buttons!
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not at the moment thank you
Expert:  Daniel replied 20 days ago.

The most common cause for this is too much ice on the freezer evaporator which effects the air flow around the appliance and these kind of faults.

Now before getting someone in the best thing you can try is a 24 hour defrost.

Empty the appliance and turn it off and leave the freezer door open for 24 hours.

Then after 24 hours turn it back on and see how it goes from there.

Fingers crossed the defrost clears the ice blocking the ice vents in there and this sorts the fault out.

Try that and see how it goes and let me know.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Dear *****iel, Thank you for your advice. I did have to get an engineer in and unfortunately the appliance cannot be repaired. The compressor is gone. Thanks again for your kind assistance.
Dawn
Expert:  Daniel replied 17 days ago.

Sorry to hear its not fixable here. Compressors are not really worth it.

But thanks for letting me know how you got on.