Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Customer Service
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

I have E04 fault on hotpoint washing machine also door won't

Customer Question

I have E04 fault on hotpoint washing machine also door won't open
Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 7yrs I think BY 816D22
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Maybe
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have drained machine from drain point found rubber band and coin , checked underneath machine black rubber drain pipe took it off no blockage put it back .
Expert:  Richard Hill replied 4 months ago.

Try cleaning out the filter at the bottom of the machine behind the flap.

Turn the machine off for a few minutes at the mains power, back on and try again.

I hope that helps, Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have tried that a few times already

Try leaving it off for about 30 minutes so that it fully discharges, then you should be able to open the door, then try again.

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I tried that yesterday will disconnect for 30 mins and see what happens ... I have got the door open before but when I start machine it goes to E04 and locks again . With the power off the door has opened but I won't try to start it again for 30 mins

It might be that you've now cleared the blockage and E04 will go.

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have just tried it now and the fault E04 has returned
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No change the fault is not clearing

The following article describes some of the possible causes of an E04 error (for Hoover, but same for Hotpoint I believe):

https://www.espares.co.uk/advice/careandmaintenance/how-to-fix-an-e04-error-code-on-a-hoover-washing-machine

Probably best if an engineer looks at this, but if you are going to investigate please ensure the power is turned off at the mains socket.

Best Regards,

Rich

Do you require any further assistance?

If not, I hope my answer was helpful and if so a positive star rating would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich