Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Dishwasher switches on, but will not programme. the 2

Customer Question

Dishwasher switches on, but will not programme. the 2 buttons to the right of the P button, (Salt? rinse?) are both red. I have tried to re-set but nothing happens, they are still on all the time
Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: RDW6012FI
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Work? does it need work?
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Is this a common fault? Can I run something to clear it? I have tried resetting, holding P down and switch off/on
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 months ago.

If you press and hold the start/reset button for several seconds this should reset the electronics on there.

Does this work?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I did say in my question I have tried the reset several times. The well of the dishwasher has water in it. it is not draining away.
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 months ago.

Sorry, i only saw it were you said you tried resetting it by holding P and switching it off/on. Didnt know you had tried the start button so hence starting at the begining.

So all you are getting is just the salt and rinse aid light coming on and no program lights or anything else Like an F code coming up?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
just 2 lights on. no F. Just water in the bottom.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Still no email?? - nor answer here?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hello?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 months ago.
I've been working hard to find another Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.