Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Our fisher and paykel dishdraw has a f1 code that will not

Customer Question

Our fisher and paykel dishdraw has a f1 code that will not cancel. I have dried bottom of the dishdraw and left if for several days. The circuit board is dry. I have had this problem before and always managed to fix it in the past. There doesn't seem to be any damage to the flood detector. Any ideas how to fix it?
Graham
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 months ago.

Is this a double drawer?

If so is it giving the F1 on both drawers?

Regarsd

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Double draw. F1 on both
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 months ago.

Ok if its a double and its on both then its more then likely the filter board at fault.

This is the circuit board in the bottom as this is what detects the water. Theres a sensor on there which can fail and causes the F1 error as it thinks theres water in there when there isnt.

So if the base is completey dry and its still giving the error code then im afraid its going to be the filter board in there thats faulty and will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Just remembered. Initially the bottom draw has water on it at the end of a wash cycle. If a rinse cycle was run then it would clear that water. We were then just using the to draw which worked fine. Then both draws stopped working with an f1 error code. Perhaps there is a separate fault on the bottom draw as well?
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 months ago.

Ok for the bottom drawer if it stopped draining then its possibley the rota motor in the bottom drawer fault which was causing the issue as the filter board wont cause im afraid.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I think the rotor motor must have been working as it would empty the remaining water fine if a rinse cycle was run.
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 months ago.
Ok so it will drain if you run a rinse cycle but wont if you do a full wash?When you used the bottom one did it seem to heat up and dry?
Did it ever stop and give a different error code?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No error code just water left in draw at end of cycle. This would clear if the rinse cycle was run
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 months ago.

Ok thats a strange fault you have with the bottom one if its not draining at the end of a wash cycle but does on the rinse.

So as it is draining then we can rule out the rotor motor and blockage as it wouldnt drain on the rinse.

So as its not giving any error codes then the control board in the bottom drawer may be faulty not bringing the motor on to drain the water. Thats the only thing i can think if its not draing on the washer as everything is working hence it draining on the rinse.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi. Yes it is strange. Glad to see it's not just me who is puzzled.
I think there are 2 faults. The flood detector and maybe the control board on the bottom draw.
Would it be a sensible to replace the flood control to get it running .
I assume there are identical control boards top and bottom. I could swap them to see if that is the fault.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi. An update I have by cleaning all the contacts the on the main board flood switch the dishwasher is running fine on the top draw. The bottom one will only finish a rinse cycle. All the others seen to never end. I have to turn them it and run the rinse cycle to drain the draw. Any suggestions?
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 months ago.

Just a thought when you run a wash cycle do you notice if the dishwasher seems to heat up during the wash?

As if its not then this could be why its playing up as if it cannot heat during the wash then it cannot carry on the wash cycle.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No it definitely gets hot.