JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Fridge tilted backwards slightly when closing door because

Customer Question

Fridge tilted backwards slightly when closing door because of a large bottle in door shelf. will it have caused damage.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

Hi, sorry about the delay in responding, I see you raised a question some time ago with Just Answer, my name is***** on the age of the question I just wanted to follow up with you to see if you still need assistance?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I understand that fridges shouldn't be tilted because of movement of the fluids. It was only tilted back a little when the door was shut and only for a few seconds. Fridge seems to be ok
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

This would not cause any lasting issues, its more movement which causes issues and that in most cases resolves it self after 12 hours as in essence your waiting on the gas and liquid settling down in the tubes.

Tilting the fridge forward or back can cause issues for condensation as the fridge works by letting condensation dripping down the back wall into the channel.

So in summary you dont have anything to worry about, and I wouldnt expect you to have noticed any issues in terms of performance of the fridge.

Do let me know if you need anything further.

Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

Ive not heard back to you in some time do you need anything further before I close the case?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No thanks