JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a hotpoint Ultima S-Line SW/MD10637 that has started

Customer Question

I have a hotpoint Ultima S-Line SW/MD10637 that has started leaking from the bottom left hand side of the machine, I have checked the pump section and the discharge pipe, all seems fine, but it is still leaking slightly, anu idea's as to what's causing it?
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

Hi Jo, sorry about the delay in responding, I see you raised a question some time ago with Just Answer, my name is***** on the age of the question I just wanted to follow up with you to see if you still need assistance?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
please
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

On this model is the filter located on the bottom right of the washer?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
but I have checked and there is no problems there, also the leak is small, but enough to leave a small puddle at the bottom left, I have also checked the drawer and all seems fine there too
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

Ok there isnt anything on the left other than the draws which might suggest there is a leaking seal around the draw, or a poor seal on the washer sump.

The only real way to fault find is to sit the washer up, put a bucket or two of water inside and set it to drain then see if you can see where the water is dripping from when the bottom plate removed.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
wheres the wahser sump situated
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

The sump is located at the base of the machine, if you remove the back panel you will see it, its what the element is connected into.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK I'll check them points out to see if I can resolve it, it wont be today though as I need to get a friend to help me prop the corners of the machine up, or will tilting it have the same effect?
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

You dont want to have the machine out of square if the drum is rotating, you want to try doing the bucket of water and drain cycle with the back removed and use a torch to see where its dripping from, just be cautions if it goes into spin and the back isnt on should the belt snap or catch your hand\arm there is a risk of serious injury.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok thanks for that I will take a look as soon as I can to see where its leaking from
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

Ok will await to hear back from you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I would do but I am going to be off out soon and I need the time to go through things with you whilst I'm on the phone, what kind of follow up options do I have?
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

You can click on the link in the emails you have received to be taken back to this page where you can respond by text when your available once again (this evening, tomorrow, next week etc), or you can request a call back at a certain time.

The question remains open for 28 days in which can can come back asking follow up questions or request additional services such as phone calls.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Oh OK leave it with me then and I will get back to you asap
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

No problem

Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

Ive not heard back to you in some time do you need anything further before I close the case?