Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a hotpoint washing machine WMXTF 942 and the

Customer Question

Good morning, I have a hotpoint washing machine WMXTF 942 and the programme knob is being to stiffen. It is still workable. Any ideas. Lindy
Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is approximately 2/3 years old. I thought the number I gave you is the model
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: That depends on how easy it will be!!
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so
Expert:  Daniel replied 13 days ago.

If the dial is stiff to turn then theres just grease thats built up behind there causing this.

What you need to do is hold the dial with 2 hands and wiggle it up and down and at the same time pull on the knob and it will come off from there.

Once its off you need to give it a good clean and the give the frame a clean as well.

Then from there just push the knob back on and you will find it will turn easy from there.

Try that and see how it goes from there and let me know.