Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Error E6 on rangemaster professional plus 90 Induction,

Customer Question

Error E6 on rangemaster professional plus 90 Induction, stripped down to the board, found blown fuse now trying to find the cause any help would be appreciated
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 days ago.

Hi Jack, which fuse has blown, and are there any signs of damage to the PCB?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi James
F100 is the fuse board marking next to it, I've added a picture with orange pen drawn round the fuse I'm on about. There's light scorching on the component k101 next to the blown fuse. Apart from that there is no more visible damage. I've temporarily added the seen in F100 to fault find. E6 does this specifically steer towards a capacitor fault an induction ring fault or what. The whole board is £500+ to replace however these seems unnecessary if a single component just needs replacing.Thanks
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I'm currently 200 miles away from the cooker so I'm preparing to carry on fault finding at the weekend. I'm after a logical sequence of testing, I'll be ready with my multimeter etc on Saturday. Should I remove all 4 rings, try it then, if it's a still there it can't be the induction, rings, if it does remove the fault add a ring back at a time until the faulty one.... Etc etc. Or can I low ohms continuity test across the ring, capacitors etc. To narrow it down? Do you have a wiring diagram for this model?
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 days ago.

Hi Jack, the level of detail you require is rather time consuming, for this reason will opt out so another engineer who had the time can assist you further and provide the level of detail you require?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I think I may be asking for a refund soon, so far this has been £16 and I don't know anything more than one the conversation started
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 8 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I'd like to cancel the question with a full refund please, I'm no where near 100% satisified