Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Samsung rs21dcns American fridge the water bottle

Customer Question

I have a Samsung rs21dcns American fridge the water bottle in the fridge keeps freezing up and gathering ice behind hence fridge not very cold then I replaced the bottle the sensors and its still freezing up what could be the cause no water in the dispenser when the bottle freezes please help
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 months ago.

When you say you replaced the sensor which sensor was it you replaced?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I bought it and my son did it it worked for few days n den started to frost up again
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 months ago.

Ok which sensor was it as theres a few in there?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No thank you this is costing me too much il sort it myself how do I stop this so I won’t be having money taken out of my account
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 months ago.

Sorry bit confused as i only asked what the part was you fitted. You only paay the one fee which you would have agreed at the time.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I got a freezer temperature sensor, fridge freezer thermal fuse and a refrigerator defrost heator plus the water bottle all been replaced and still freezing up
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

Hi, if you you have replaced the sensors and defrost, and this hasnt resolved the issue it sounds like the PCB which either has a faulty relay not calling the defrost or incorrectly reading the input from the sensor. The only other thing it could possibly be is a break in the wiring, so it may be worth doing a continuity check before ordering a new PCB. From experience its normally the PCB.

A new PCB can be sourced here for around £120.