Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Whitegoods Engineer
101089104

My Zanussi Aquacycle 1400 has suddenly stopped working. I've

My Zanussi Aquacycle 1400 has suddenly stopped working. I've found the fault code by powering up the run/pause and skip/reset buttons pressed. Fault code, shown by vertical LED array to the right of the control panel Nos 2 and 8 reading down from top. Please can anyone tell me how to proceed (ie is it time for a new washing machine?
Hi, thanks for your question I'm Gavin one of the experts here it just answer. Could you please give me the full model number of your washing machine so I can bring up the details. And if possible could you please send a photograph of the lights which are illuminated.You'll receive an option for a phone call please ignore this as it's sent automatically and I can't stop it.Many thanksGavin
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Gavin, thanks for your response. From what I can tell, the model number is *****###-##-####or FR1450W. As for the lights, more difficult as I've cycled through various buttons and its now randomly starting the wash cycle at different points depending on what button I press. I cant seem to get it back to the error code diagnostics display. For what it's worth I've added a photo so you can see what the LED array looks like. The bottom one and the second one down were lit when I did manage to show it earlier. Any ideas?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi, just got a notification that there's been an error. So I'm re-sending without the photo just in case.Hi Gavin, thanks for your response. From what I can tell, the model number is *****###-##-####or FR1450W. As for the lights, more difficult as I've cycled through various buttons and its now randomly starting the wash cycle at different points depending on what button I press. I cant seem to get it back to the error code diagnostics display. For what it's worth I've added a photo so you can see what the LED array looks like. The bottom one and the second one down were lit when I did manage to show it earlier. Any ideas?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi, this doesn't seem to be working
You're welcome. What's happening with the random Cycles is that you're in the engineers test menu. In this menu you can test all the various points of the machine like the pump or the element for example.With the fault code if we were to number the lights one being the top light and it being the bot***** *****ne is it light number to Ann Delight number 8 that are displayed.
Sorry predictive text at the bottom should have read 'light number 2 and light number 8
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi, yes, light 2 and light number 8.
Thank you. When it stopped working was there water left in the machine?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no there wasn't.
Ok. Bear with me two minutes I'm just going to bring up the binary fault code
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi, any news for me?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Gavin? Any news or is it too old?
Sorry I've not been able to login to the website. Off hand I'm sure it's a pump failure fault. I'll try and log back in now
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Pump failure sounds terminal for such on old machine.
Finally managed to get in. It's a problem on the door lock circuit not the pump sorry. The code means that it has not been able to detect the door is closed. This is 99% of the time caused by a faulty door interlock which is an easy DIY just in to fix. In some cases it can be caused by a faulty circuit board but the only way to find out is to change the interlock. I'll source you a link to a door interlock now
Link to door interlockhttps://www.4ourhouse.co.uk/door-interlock-bitron-dl-s1/product.pl?pid=688600&query=FR1450W
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK, thank you
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
By the way, how do I get out of the engineer's fault finding menu, and restore normal usage?
Turn the power off using the on off button on the machine. Turn back on. Turn back off. Turn back on and it will be back to normal. If you bang the door closed the interlock will sometimes work againPlease remember to click the stars to rate my help todayThanksGavin
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Blimey, it's working. Definitely the door interlock, because it does sound intermittent. But at least we can decide to choose a part or a new machine without it being a panic. Thanks Gavin. Will do the stars thing now.