JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have an issue with my Indesit DFG15B1S dishwasher. It

HI, I have an issue with my Indesit DFG15B1S dishwasher. It stops just after the temperature check, appears to spray water but just moves to the end cycle and flashes the salt symbol. Have added salt, nochange.
Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Hi, Indesit DFG15B1S Not sure how to run diagnostic test.
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Possibly, depends on how serious it turns out to be.
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: How would I run a diagnostic test?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When I run just the prewash, the salt light doesn't come on but it soon moves to the end cycle.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think that it may be the motherboard.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

What happens if you set the washer to prewash (program 5)?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi James. A bit of an update... I've undone the door panel to access the motherboard. I disconnected it and reconnected it. It's now filling with water, the first green light on. It makes some noise for about ten minutes or so and then goes to the end cycle. No flashing red light anymore. The same with the prewash.

Ok, during the 10 minute after fill, does it sound like water is sloshing about, as to me this sounds like a fault on the circulation pump.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi James, I'm on my way to work at the moment, so not free to talk and more importantly not in front of the machine.

No problem, let me know when you free to discuss further.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It does sound like water sloshing around. The lower spray arm seems to rotate but not sure about the upper arm. The roof of the machine does get wet though.

The fact the fault occurs on a pre-wash rules out a temp sensor fault, since water is heated on pre-wash.

After it times out during the 10 minute wash does it pump water out or does it stop and leave water in the sump?

Secondly do you hear the drain pump run before you hear water entering the washer.

Finally what lighs are shown on the control panel at the end of the wash.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It pumps the water out. Can hear something running prior to it filling with water. At the end, it's now just the end light.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The tablet dispenser doesn't open by the way

Ok, the fact the washer isnt erroring suggests this is a faulty PCB, in essence its not running through a full program and going through what would be a rinse cycle, so if you feel the water after 6 min in it should be cold, and would also explain why its not opening the soap draw.
I take it this fault occurs on all programmes (intensive, eco etc)?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
on all programs

This supports the fact its a faulty PCB.

How long have you had the washer?

If it were a temp fault you would expect it to flash up with an error at the end of the programme, you would also expect it to carry on through the program with a cold wash, hence why I think its the PCB.

A new PCB can be sourced here for around £160, however for £180 you can get a fixed price repair and protect plan from D&G see here, and that covers all parts, labour and gives you a further years warranty.

Do let me know if you need anything further.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks James, I was afraid it might be that.

So I can resolve the query please rate the response using the star rating on this page.