Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Whitegoods Engineer
101089104

I have a bosch dishwasher SMS65E12GB/44. The first error

I have a bosch dishwasher SMS65E12GB/44.
The first error code was E25, found bloclkage in heat exchanger cleared. First test rinse worked, then on second test it showed E15 error code , no water in base, machine continues to pump out and will not turn off at switch , only stops when disconnected form electric. Any idea which sensor has gone ? if it is that. Thanks

Hi, I'm sorry no one has been in touch yet. I'm Gavin and I'll be happy to help you resolve your dishwasher error. Please let me know if you still need assistance.

Gavin

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
please,

Great, where exactly did you find the blockage and what did you do to clear it?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
The blockage was in the heat a exchanger, located in square section where there is a black rectangular piece, this was full of debris, I used some drain blacker to dissolve the gunge, it all dissolved eventually after 24 hours, I rinsed it out and refitted it.
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Sorry missed your message, maybe continiue tmw

Yeh no problem. I'm out doing repairs until 3pm but will be available after that

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Hi, here's a few checks you can start with.Turn off for 2minutes reset cycle and try a new cycleIsolate power and remove side panels. In the centre of the base there is a polystyrene float is there any water under or around that float?If you manually raise and lower the float can you hear a click on the way up, on the way down or not at all?These checks should give us a good idea of the fault.Let me know how you get onThanksGavin
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
The cycle will not reset, it displays E15 and the pump is still going although there is no water left, where is the polystyrene float exactly, in the heat exchanger? or base of washing machine ?
Pretty much central to the base. Go through the right hand panel and it's just by the wash pump
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Still can't see the float, or anything like it. But the machine has reset so started again on a quick wash went for 10 mins but again came up up E15 code , trying again because at least after two minutes off it is resetting, which is some sort of progress. The heat exchanger which normally retains some wate, is not holding any ?
.
Ok. Have you still got the sides off?
There's a modification on these and it sounds like you are going to need it.
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Sides are off, tried again same result, its as if not enough water going in , no kinks or blockages
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
What's the modification?
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Sides off, tried again same result after 10 mins E15 code, pump keeps going after all water ot , still have to switch off at mains.
It's a seal kit. These were originally made without a seal on the sump and they made a kit after it started slowly leaking.With the side panel off tilt the machine to one side to see if any water runs to the side
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
A little water does leak out onto floor when tipped to side
Great you definitely need the seal kit then. When you fixed the e25 it must have disturbed the sump allowing a small leak. I'll find a link to order it for you and it comes with instructions so easy enough to do. It's important that you dry out the water that has leaked and don't run the dishwasher again until you have fitted the seal kit
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Will I be able to fit it easily, how much will it cost, do i need an engineer?
Copy and paste this link and that's the part you need.
I'd really appreciate your feedback on my help. Please remember to click the stars to do thisThanksGavinhttps://www.bosch-home.co.uk/store/12005744
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Thanks for your time and patience, mine is running out, not sure whether to cut my losses and get a new one but its only six years old
You're welcome. The seal kit is only about £12 so I'd say it's well worth it Vs £100's on a replacement. Although they do have an inherent fault with the heat pump going faulty if it has been leaked on. I'll leave that one upto you though