Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an integrated built under freezer which is playing

Customer Question

HI, I have an integrated built under freezer which is playing up. The other night, the warning starting sounding and red light flashing for no apparent reason. It was heavily frosted so I defrosted and restarted. Results were not as described in the manual so I splashed out on a new control board but no satisfaction. Shall I continue to describe the fault?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Can you post the model number of the freezer please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hi there
AGS58200F0
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
HOw long before he calls back?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for that.

On this model the thermistors are foamed in and there no way you can replace them im afraid. If the thermistor fails then its a new freezer as theres no access to the thermistors on these.

But as to the fault if its cutting out like this and you have already replaced the control board and the thermistor is fine then its either the condenser fan at the back or the compressor.

Pull the freezer out and look at the back near the compressor and there you will see the small condenser fan. This needs to run in order to keep the compressor cool. If it fails then it can cause the compressor not to pump corretcly.

So check the condenser fan and see what you find.

If the fan is running ok then im afraid its going to be a compressor fault here as the compressor will be overheating and cutting off.

But check the condenser fan first and see what you find as if its not the condenser fan then its not really worth fixing as a compressor is around the £250 mark and as i said the thermistor cannot be replaced.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'll pull the freezer out tomorrow and check per your recommendation
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

No worries, Thats fine.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

I see the question is still open here. Do you still need help on this?

If not then if you could remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great.