canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

I WE HAVE JUST INSTALLED A NEW WASHER/DRYER ITS A INDESIT

HI I WE HAVE JUST INSTALLED A NEW WASHER/DRYER ITS A INDESIT IWDC6125 ITS WASHING FINE BUT THE DRYER WONT START BUT ITS MAKING A NOISE BEHIND THE DRAWER AS THOUGH ITS TRYING TO, JUST WANDERED WETHER YOU COULD ADVISE
Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: IT IS BRAND NEW INDESIT IWDC 6125 S
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: DIDNT KNOW IF ITS A FAULT WITH THE MACHINE OR IT AS BEEN INSTALLED WRONG
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: NO NOT REALLY DONT WANT TO CALL INDESIT OUT AND BE CHARGED IF ITS SOMETHING SIMPLE

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today.

Did you remove the shipping bolts?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Not sure my son in law installed it but the washer is wokhng could that be the problem

I think it is very likely the shipping bolts have not been removed. The dryer has bolts in the back that keep the drum in place while in transit. Hopefully it has not damaged the dryer. It is very unlikely that it did. The dryer will have to be pulled out and the bolts removed from the back and everything will be working like it should.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thank you I will give that a go when my husband comes home

You are very welcome. Son in laws do have their moments. ..for instance I brewed a steaming pot of hot water this morning. Forgot the coffee....

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ha I know don't we all,thankyou again

You are very welcome

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?