Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Lamona oven grill was not working at all. bought new

Customer Question

my Lamona oven grill was not working at all. bought new grill element and it still does not work. electric getting through to grlll element
Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Lam3400 had oven around 4-5 years
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: both fans working and the oven working
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 10 days ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 9 days ago.

If the oven is working fine but the grill isnt and you have replaced the grill element then it can only be the selector switch at fault.

As the fan oven uses the same thermostat and thermal cut out so as the oven still works we know they are working to.

So the only thing that can stop the grill from working is the selector switch on the front of the oven.

Remove the oven and take the top off.

Make sure the power is turned off and remove the selector switch on the front.

Turn it over and inspect the brass bars on the underside and see if theres a burn out on there.

If so then the oven selector switch will need to be replaced to cure this.

Let me know how it goes.