JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My washing machine keeps tripping the electric ,we've

Customer Question

Hi, my washing machine keeps tripping the electric ,we've changed the fuse and tried in different sockets .it won't turn on and there's washing in half done and we can't open the door to get it out ?
Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: WMD 962 ultima and probably 6 yrs old
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It depends what it is
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It' has high usage
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Will you e mail with a response ?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How long will that be
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
will wait as I need to know how to get my washing out of the machine
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

To confirm there is no sign of life on the control panel, and ou have checked the plug fuse?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
both
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Sorry for delay just seen your message.

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

This fault sounds like a faulty control board which would cost around £200 to repair, based on the age its probably not worth repairing, but if you would consider a repair your best option is to go for a repair and protect plan since its a fixed charge and they give you a years warranty for any future breakdown for the same cost as what it would cost for a local engineer to attend and replace the part.

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

The PCB part can be found here for around £170. Do you still have washing you need to get out? If so I can send you instructions for manually opening the door.

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Ive not heard from you in some time, do you need anything further before I close the question?

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Ive not heard from you in some time do you still require assistance?