Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Beko GNE V32. I cannot get water to the Ice tray, I

Hi Daniel I have a Beko GNE V32. I cannot get water to the Ice tray, I have changed the water Valve, the water Inlet/Heater and the filter.
Any idea's please Regards Keith

Stupid question here but inside the freezer at the top were the ice maker is you will see the filling tube.

Remove the rubber end and there you will see the metal tube.

Check to see if theres ice blocking in there as its quite a common issue with these as ice forms in there and it stops the water getting to the ice tray.

Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi Just checked this no Ice. As I said I have replaced this tube and there is no water getting anywhere near it

Sorry didnt relise you ment that heater you replaced.

Looking under the ice maker tray you will see the ice sensor.

Have a good look at the wires on this sensor and see if theres any broken wires on this.

As with the movement of the ice maker the wires on the sensor can break.

So have a look at this and see what you find and let me know.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok checked no broken wires, also noticed that I filled the tray manually with water and it has not turned to drop the ice

Ok its actually the ice maker unit that controls the fill. As the ice maker cycles and rotates once the old ice is out the mould resets and then the water valve opens up for 5 seconds to fill the ice tray.

Then it sits there for about 4 hours untill the ice maker sensor under the tray reads about -8 degree C then it empties and refills and then does the same.

As as the water you put in the ice tray has froze but its not dumped it then its looking like the ice maker unit itself at fault here.

I dont think it will be the sensor as if the wires are fine then it wont be out of range otherwise it will give the E8 error code which is a ice sensor fault.

So im afraid its looking like the ice maker unit itself at fault here.

Now its also a possiblity the control board on the top may be at fault but given the fault its usually the ice maker unit itself thats the issue with these.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Do you think it is worth getting one of these, found one on UK Whitegoods Spares for £44.95. Also is it easy to replace, can't see how it comes out at the moment

It will come out but theres a good few screws holding it all on.

Ive took a screen shoot of the service manual on how to remove it. Not the best picture but hopefully you can do it.

Click here for the picture

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you for the screen shot, will give it a whirl when I have more time, will let you know how I get on. Thank you.

No worries, Your welcome.