Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Our Bosch dishwasher is not filling with water Assistant:

Customer Question

Our Bosch dishwasher is not filling with water
Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 20 years old Bosch Classixx model number:SCS43CO2C8/35
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not really. The detergent gets emptied but the plates are dry?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

When you set it going and after a few minutes if you open the door is there any water at all in the bottom of the dishwasher?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Don’t think so = my husband has just tried re-setting it by presssing two buttons together, marked re-set.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Ok if its not filling at all and the water supply is fine then its usually the side filling tank as it blocks up internally and cannot be cleared. You usually need to replace the complete filling tank when this happens im afraid.

Now the bad news is the part is obsolete. As the dishwasher is 20 years old parts for these went obsolete a while ago. I know the filling tank was obsolete about 5 years ago so you cannot get the spares for it no more.

But given its 20 years old its had a good run. Plus a new dishwasher is usually not far off the cost of spares no a days so when you get an older appliance like this its not usually worth fixing. But in your case the filling tank is no longer available anyway, Sorry.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hiyawell..now it is filling- but not heating up...goes through a wash though, but cold?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you getting my messages?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Ok so its its fill but not heating then you need to access the under side and check the heater. Test this with a multi meter if you have one as the heater should read about 30 Ohms.

If the heater is fine then next to the heater is the thermostat. Again you need to test this and see if faulty.

But if the heater and thermostat are both fine then its more then likely the timer unit at fault here im afraid thats causing this fault.