JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a american fridge freezer FRBB36AF20/2 THE FREEZER

Customer Question

hello I have a american fridge freezer FRBB36AF20/2 THE FREEZER SIDE is not freezing and the LED DISPLAY is showing dashes its cold but not freezing
Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: whirlpool frbb36af20/2 american fridge freezer style ten years about
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: dont know
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not really weather really hot last month only started playing up last week or so ice machine part has always worked thats not working but if freezer only at fridge temp then i expect that not to work as well
Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Are dashes showing in both Fridge and Freezer temp sections?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Just freezer
Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

Ok the temp sensor appears to have failed, the dots mean the sensor is giving a temp which is out of range (which is a good indicator the sensor has failed).

With these type of appliances its advisable to get an engineer in as you can often damage the plastic clips which hold the freezer compartment together as the cold makes the plastic brittle.

The sensor you require can be sourced here for around £40.

If you would like me to recommend an engineer please provide your postcode.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Bn24LH
Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

I would give Fridge Freezer Repairs on 01684 770066 or AFR on 07973 157027 a call.

Please let me know if you need anything further.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The first number not working the second mobile the work man is in London I’m in Brighton
Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

I am very sorry for the confusion caused, we have AFR showing as covering your area maybe they have relocated or no longer covering your area.

Talking to a colleague I have one last firm called EAP on 01273 455530, the likely cost of repair would be £100 (of which £60 is the initial call out) the only alternative is to look at larger firms such as the one here who do repair and protect plans.

Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

I just wanted to follow up to see if EAP are able to attend in your area?

Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Do you require any further assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Do you require any further assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

IVe not heard back from you in some weeks, can you confirm the question can now be closed and you have manage to contact EAP?