Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My oven is 18 months old. I had it on the cleaning mode and

Customer Question

my oven is 18 months old. I had it on the cleaning mode and the inner glass has just exploded! Help!!
Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I can get the model number but it is only 18 months old. Cream coloured and with prop?? cleaning feature.
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No. I just want someone to come and make it better!
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Is this usual and could it be under warrenty?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Smeg SFP6925PPZ Victoria pyrolitic
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Daniel replied 9 days ago.

No this isnt usual for the glass to explode like this.

When this happens its usually down to a weakened glass. Now this can happen during manufactoring so as you used the cleaning mode the high tempertures caused it to happen.

Give Smeg a bell as this is a safety issue really if its exploded and they will want to know about it. There number is *****(###) ###-####

As its only 18 months old and its glass thats exploded then im sure they will fix this free of charge for you. I have known them to do it in the past so try them and see what they say.

Let me know how you get on.