Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Customer Service
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

I have an indesit dishwasher IDS 205 UK, the salt light and

Customer Question

I have an indesit dishwasher IDS 205 UK, the salt light and end lights are flashing, it appears to be emptying as I can hear the water go through the pipe, but there is a noise as if it still wants to pump water out. I've vacuumed all the water out (with a wet and dry vacuum) don't panic...I've put soda crystals and boiling water in the filter area, and there doesn't appear to be any debris coming out. Could you advise please
Expert:  Richard Hill replied 4 months ago.

It sounds like the drain hose and/or waste plumbing is blocked - try disconnecting and cleaning that out.

I hope that helps, Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There is no debris/blockage in the waste hose,however on your advice I've checked the plumbing and it all appears to be clean,the lights are still flashing. What else could you put it down to?

I can't find a manual for an IDS-205, so am unable to confirm what the two flashing lights indicate, does it have any other model numbers?

If it isn't draining though it could still be blocked inside - the following video shows how to potentially clear this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON8icWkmzj0

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Richard, I've watched this video more than 10 times, I've taken virtually everything apart and there doesn't appear to be a blockage, in fact on my first enquiry I stated that there was no debris, I watched this video prior to me contacting you. I am therefore disappointed at your suggestions and I feel that I've wasted my money as you haven't resolved my initial enquiry. I am therefore requesting a full refund.

I'll ask Customer Services to refund you.

Best Regards,

Rich