Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an AEG Fridge/ Freezer -Santo model. My grandson

Customer Question

Hi I have an AEG Fridge/ Freezer -Santo model. My grandson mistakenly left the freezer door ajar. When i returned home the temperature was too high( -9) so I pressed frostmatic and then forgot about it! When i remembered, it had reached minus 28 and the fridge is plus 11. What can i do ?
Expert:  Daniel replied 12 days ago.

If the door was left open then what will have happened is too much ice will have formed on the freezer evaporator and this has blocked the airflow into the fridge thats why its at +11.

What you need to do on this is empty the appliance and turn it off for 24 hours and leave the freezer door open.

This will allow the ice to melt itself and clear the air vents.

After 24 hours turn it back on and leave it a few hours and im sure you will find this will be back to normal from there for you.