Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Zanussi zwh7142j I have the above zanussi washing machine

Customer Question

zanussi zwh7142jI have the above zanussi washing machine with error code e20. I have opened small door at bottom of machine emptied water via drain hose. Then I unscrewed the filer cover and removed it but the filter is still inside machine. Can't see how to remove it?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
See photo showing outside filter cover removed but filter still inside
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi, we have just back from hols and have a lot of washing to do, so a response ASAP would be appreciated. Many thanks
Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Right sounds like the filter has broken away, pull the machine out, unplug it and tip on its side.

You can then access the underside of the washer, and see the pump which is on the other side of the filter.

The pump should turn 1/4 anti clockwise and come away you can then push something through from the inside out to free the filter, and inspect the pump for signs of damage.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks for response. Did you see attached photo? It didn't appear to me that outside cap was broken
Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

I have seen the picture The cap should be attached the filter which is blocking the hole.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok, thanks will try what you suggest and see if it works
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi I have done what you have advised and tried to turn pump (coloured grey) but it won't budge. Should I spray with wd40. I have also attached two photos so that you can see where I have got to
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
When you say clockwise, I presume it is as you are looking at the pump from the underside as per the attached photo, looking at it from right to left, if that makes sense
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi, wd40 worked, pump now removed (see attached photo). Can't see thro filter as it appears there is white plastic in the way which appears solid. Please phone
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi, I have attached a screenshot of various filter images from a google search and it would appear the filter in my zanussi is like the 2nd picture left hand side at the top
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you phone please asap. Many thanks
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Therefore can I have my £15 back
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Any more comments
Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

Hi sorry I have only just see you responses from earlier this afternoon David.

I see you have the pump removed have you managed to free the filter by pushing it from the other side (pump side)?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi, do I push really hard? Won't it break the filter?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have just tried pushing with a wooden spoon handle agains the filter in the middle, pump side, quite hard but it won't budge. Is the filter still locked in place on a screw thread, hence why it won't, budge? Thoughts please
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

Hi yes it sounds likes is come away and needs unscrewed if it wont push out. Are you able to grip it using pliers and rotate it?

Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

Ive not heard from you in a couple of days, do you need anything further?

Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Do you require any further assistance?