JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a digihome tv smart and when you turn it on it shows

I have a digihome tv smart and when you turn it on it shows the picture for 20 seconds and then the picture dissapears but the sound carries on. Turn it back on and off again and it gives yu 20 seconds of picture again. Turned off at the mains and checked cables even reset the cable box.
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Abut a week or two but it usually works again after ten or so tries. This time on about 50th try and no luck.
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I can if I know the trouble
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Well in case it was a remote problem I have covered them both in case they were dealing with the picture. Im out of ideas, help please
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

There are three possible faults here a issue with the PSU (power board), the AV board which process video and sound, and the LCD controller\backlight

Since your still getting sound it sounds like its a not the PSU, if you go up close to the screen and shine a torch on the screen can you make out any faint picture in the background?

Please also advise the model and age of the TV.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Look forward to hearing from you. Tomorrrow I am free from 10am. FYI my phone is not internet enabled Thank you.

To assist you tomorrow please confirm if when you shine a torch on the screen if you can make out any faint picture in the background?

Please also advise of the model and age of the TV

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Tested, and no a completely blank screen.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Not even the faint grey it turns just before the screen comesss on. Totally black as the sound goes on. Same time to cut out each time I try.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
At what time and day can you call?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Do you havde any ideas on what the problem is? Have you seen or heard of this problem before?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If it is the backlight controller shuld I take this in to be repaired or can I buy the parts and do myself or as another action is there another fix or add-on?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Just strange that it cuts out for a specific time and other times will run absolutely fine. Is this expensive to get fixed?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How can I order and what if a non pro can replace?

Good morning I am sorry unfortunately I was unable to get online yesterday, so apologise for the delay.

Do you still require a phone call, if so what time suits you?

The fact your not seeing anything when shining a torch on the screen suggests this isnt a backlight fault, so I think this points to a main board.

However I would suggest taking this TV to a repair shop is your best bet, as they can run some tests at a component level, since the fault doesnt present itself in a conclusive way to be sure it is a specific component which needs replacing, my assumption on it being the main board is based on experience, but would suggest you verify this first and for that you need specific instruments a TV engineer would only have.

Typical cost of parts would be around £50, if you provide me the model number I can send you a link the main board, should you want me recommend a local engineer please provide your postcode.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If there is one you know is good and could pick up at a reasonable price? Thank you for your time and regards

To locate the main board I need the model number, or to recommend a local engineer who can repair the appliance I need your postcode.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
NG9 8HJ, Digihome 50273SMLEDTV a 48". Just for future were you not given all the texts I wrote before it was given to you to diagnose?

The only other information I have been provided (in addition to our conversation) was the follow:

Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Abut a week or two but it usually works again after ten or so tries. This time on about 50th try and no luck.
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I can if I know the trouble
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Well in case it was a remote problem I have covered them both in case they were dealing with the picture. Im out of ideas, help please

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Excellent you were given it all. You have my post card and the TV model but I can search myself a repair person if you do not know of anyone off hand but I guess you would know best and what questions to ask of how to get a good one that will be able for this work. Thanks again, Mark

The main board can be sourced here for around £30, based on your postcode I would suggest using Correct Services on 0115(###) ###-#### they have excellent customer services and very reliable and trustworthy.

Do let me know if you need anything further.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your help, Mark

No problem mark appreciate if you can rate the response using the star rating at the top of this page.