md20/20
md20/20,
13574879

I have a bosch Type S9J1P dishwasher Assistant: Can you

Customer Question

I have a bosch Type S9J1P dishwasher
Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: SHV43A03GB/42
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the dishwasher was started this morning, when i got home it is still trying to pump, seems stuck, no lights showing, cannot reset it. i tried to turn it on and off at the wall, still keeps pumping
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  md20/20 replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your dishwasher today.

Expert:  md20/20 replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately your dishwasher is stuck in "flood mode". What that means is that water has worked it's way down into the base pan below the dishwasher tub causing the unit to do nothing but drain. This is normally caused by the drain being clogged or too many suds in the tub causing the tub to overflow a bit. Either way, you'll need to uninstall the dishwasher and tip it forward at a 45 degree angle to drain the water out of the base pan. Be sure to put a towel under the dishwasher first so that the water is soaked up in the towel instead of going all over the floor. Once you've drained all the water out of the base pan, reinstall the dishwasher and pour a gallon of water in the dishwasher. If it drains it out right away and doesn't wash or refill, you still have water left in the base pan to try again, otherwise you're good to go.

If you needed to access the flood sensor, uninstall the dishwasher and remove the left side panel. There is a styrofoam puck on the floor under the tub and that is your float device. If it's sitting all the way down and it's still draining all the time, you'd need a new control board, otherwise figure out why it's not sitting down all the way and correct that issue.

Now if you don't want to do all this work just to get your dishwasher working again and you have time, let the dishwasher just sit unused for a week and the water in the base pan will evaporate as time goes on and the dishwasher will start working again after a week.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.