JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Samsung samsung dv80f5e5hgw heat pump tumble dryer.

I have a Samsung samsung dv80f5e5hgw heat pump tumble dryer. It turns itself off without any fault codes after a few minutes of operation. Sometimes it wont turn back on until I unplug it for a couple minutes and plug it back in. This was fine until recently and now it turns itself off after a few minutes. Slightly annoying?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can wait. Thank you.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Hi Ben, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

How long have you had the dryer? In most cases this could be a thermal cut out, but if it comes back on by unplugging it and plugging it back it, its sound more likely to be the control board.

Do you need any further assistance?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm on my honeymoon. I'm an electrical engineer and suspected the control board but it's intermittent and is working but does it about once a week and once left for an hour an hour or two works again for a bit so your theory of the thermal cut out may be worth investigating once I'm home. Iv tried to find schematics for the machine and the two control boards but Samsung seem to keep these tightly controlled? Anything you can help with?

They only provide modular components in the service manual, however can certainly assist in the troubleshooting, let me know when your back.

Enjoy the honeymoon.

Just wanted to follow up to see if I can close the case or if you require any further assistance.

Please confirm if I can close the case or if you require further assistance.

JamesI, Handyman
Experience: I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello mate, yes it's all sorted, the stats were fine, it was the board that had failed.