Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Customer Service
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

I have a Bosch AHS 70-34 700W Electric hedge Trimmer. I

I have a Bosch AHS 70-34 700W Electric hedge Trimmer. I bought it in January 2018 and have used it a few times this year. Today I have been using it when it stopped suddenly. It then starts and runs for two or three seconds and stops again. The blades move during this time. Can you advise what this might be please? David
Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is Model AHS 70-34 and was purchased in January 2018
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I am told I can't return it to the retailer as earlier in the year I cut through the power cable! I fixed it but apparently this invalidates the warranty.
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, that's it.

Hi David,

It sounds like a bad connection in the mains lead; either in the mains plug, inside the trimmer, or where you repaired it.

I hope that helps, Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for that, I've just tried running it again and checked the electrical supply through the repair to the cable. The power is consistent. The motor starts, makes a slight 'grating' sound and then stops. If I pull the trigger once more it immediately starts again.

Hi David,

With the machine unplugged from the mains socket I would check the internal wiring connections and switch.

Best Regards,

Rich