JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Cda dishwasher fault code F8 Assistant: Just to clarify,

Customer Question

cda dishwasher fault code F8
Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: it would appear that I getting not hot.
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no,would get and engineer,to resolve problem.
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Look on the internet it stated the part needed would be around £80.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Could you provide me with the model number this should be located on the rating plate around the door frame.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Model no WC431
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for clarifying, the F8 suggests the appliance is not detecting the water heating up during the cycle.

If you run the washer on a pre-wash\rinse it the fault shouldnt occur as it doesnt heat the water, are you just looking for me to verify the part that you need?

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Based on the fault you have it suggests the heating element has failed, it doesnt sound likely to be the NTC\thermostat since this would error but the pump would still generate hot water and you wouldnt get the fault on a rinse program. For this mode (as with most CDA models) the heater is integrated with the circulation pump, and you cant get to the element so forced to buy an entire new heat pump.

Looking at the main spares firms (buy spares, espares, part master etc), the cheapest I have been able to source the replacement pump for was £140 here. Are you able to advise what part and where you have sourced it from for £80, as to me it sounds like you may have the wrong part.

Based on the significant cost of the part, I would suggest you opt for a fixed price repair and protect plan with someone like D&G, details can be found here, they will cover all parts, labour and give you a years warranty for future issues for £180.

Please do let me know if you have any further questions, or need further assistance.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Please rate the response using the star rating on this page or let me know how I can assist you further.

Expert:  JamesI replied 22 days ago.

Please confirm I can close the case or if you require any further assistance.