JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Please can you tell me what the flue exhaust gas temperature

Please can you tell me what the flue exhaust gas temperature is likely to be from a vaillant Eco tec boiler
Assistant: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?
Customer: It is a natural gas condensing boiler
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No , I have used some CT 1 flexible sealant around part of the flue on the outside of the house end this has come into contact with the hot exhaust pipe and I am worried that it might melt and run down the inlet section of the pipe.
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of. If I knew the likely maximum temperature the exhaust flue could be it would help me ascertain if the sealant would melt

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

The valiant range of condensing boilers gases should be expected to reach a temp of 120 degrees, this is the minimum value which should be used when looking at materials required to install the flue.

Further information can be found in the attached technical manual here, please let me know if you need anything further.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can you tell me what page of the book the information is on please

Page 32, section 3.11

"The chimney air/flue pipe should be rated on its identification plate for operation with condensing boilers and a flue gas temperature of at least 120 °C. "

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your help. Bye

So I can close the case please rate the service using the star rating at the top of this page.