Mark M
Mark M, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Handyman at Self
7212146

Is it possible to stack a bosch tumble dryer on top of a

Hello Is it possible to stack a bosch tumble dryer on top of a samsung washing machine?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Its just a few months old - not sure whether its WW9J56 or WW8J56 or WW7J56 - the manual is for all 3...
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can't think of anything

Hello, this is Mark. I’ll be assisting you today.

You will see some phone call pop ups... Those are sent by the site automatically. Ignore them if you do not want a phone call. Again... Ignore the pop ups... The site sends those - NOT ME

Apologies for your wait... Sometimes we are short on experts.

The answer to your question is NO, you cannot stack different brand washer and dryers on top of each other. They make specific mounting kits for each model. The manufacturer wants you to buy BOTH washer and dryer - that are compatible with each other as opposed to making them compatible with other brands.

The only way I have seen around this is to build a frame that has a platform on top of the washer for the dryer.

I've done that for a friend before, but that was a special project I did.

Mounting hardware is NOT applicable for different brands...

Feel free to ask any other questions you might have - I'll be happy to help...

Please don't forget to rate my service. I’m an independent contractor, and giving a positive rating compensates me for my time with you.

Doesn’t affect what you pay at all, just whether or not the site pays me for my time. You can give your rating by selecting one of the five stars located on the top right of the question page.

Have a great day…

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks very much - really appreciate your help :)

Happy to help out.... cheers ***** *****