md20/20
md20/20,
13574879

IKEA Whirlpool Model DWHB10 854241001830 is not working. No

IKEA Whirlpool Model DWHB10 854241001830 is not working. No fault codes displayed. Filling, Emptying, but not washing. Element seems to be working. What do you think is the problem?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is 12 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Hell yes! I've had this thing in pieces before, nothing will stop me this time! I live for kitchen appliance maintenance!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Time is of the essence! No one in this house is prepared to wash dishes by hand!

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your dishwasher today.

The drain pump and circulation pump are 2 different pumps on this dishwasher. Your dishwasher fills, drains, and heats--that means your circulation pump is either jammed or failed. You'd have to uninstall the entire dishwasher and tip it on its back in order to access the circulation pump below the tub. Remove the pump and check for debris inside that would jam the pump. If you find nothing, then the circulation pump would need to be replaced. Given the age, I would think it's probably better to just replace the dishwasher rather than repair it if the circulation pump needed to be replaced.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It has done 4 beeps

4 beeps is an error code telling you the circulation pump is bad--nothing you didn't already know.