Mark M
Mark M, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Handyman at Self
7212146

My washing machine WD 80 M44531w/e isn't working! 14 months.

My washing machine WD 80 M44531w/e isn't working!
JA: How long have you had your M44531W?
Customer: 14 months.
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Switching it on. It won't dial any options, or do the option it is already on.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: My husband may have leaned on some of the silver buttons yesterday when it was washing. As it gave out a couple of notes.

Hello, this is Mark. I’ll be assisting you today.

You will see some phone call pop ups... Those are sent by the site automatically. Ignore them if you do not want a phone call. Again... Ignore the pop ups... The site sends those - NOT ME

First thing to do is to unplug the washer from the wall outlet for 5 full minutes, then plug back in and press and hold the cancel/stop button for 4 seconds

Also check to see if you accidentally pressed a control lock or delay start which would make the controls inactive...

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If I turn the dial to change the programme, the light no longer follows it round

Did you unplug for 5 minutes and plug back in?

Is this a Hoover washing machine?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Samsung WD 80 M44531

On the display do you see a LOCK icon?

You mentioned you leaned on the controls... it's possible that you accidentally pressed the control lock on it - which would make it lock up like it is

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I didn't know there is a control lock. Where is it?

I can't see the control buttons as well as I would like to from this photo of the panel...

If this model has a control lock or child lock there will be a button on it that has a padlock icon on it.

Did you try to unplug it as I asked you to???

Press the TEMP button at the same time you press the RINSE button - press both at the same time. That is the lock for the panel....

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is unplugged now

That is how you lock and unlock the panel... in case you had children there that you would not want to touch the buttons

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I think that has got it. It seems to be working now. Thank you

So after you plug it back in -

Press BOTH the "TEMP" and "RINSE" buttons at the same time.... should should clear it

You are very welcome.... happy to help out

Please don't forget to rate my service. I’m an independent contractor, and giving a positive rating compensates me for my time with you.

Doesn’t affect what you pay at all, just whether or not the site pays me for my time. You can give your rating by selecting one of the five stars located on the top right of the question page.

Have a great day… Cheers