JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Got a smeg fab32lcr3uk keeps beeping and light stays on when

Customer Question

got a smeg fab32lcr3uk keeps beeping and light stays on when the door is closed
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: just happend,its actually my daughters f/f
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: i will try,
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i can find or see any switch to turn off light
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
that’s fine
Expert:  Waldemar Banasiak replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Waldemar,

The text below is from Smeg fridge user manual:

"The alarm sounds to warn of the following:

1. The fridge door has been open for more than a minute (continuous buzzer with relative red light on)

• Press the alarm button or close the fridge door to deactivate the buzzer and switch off the red light.

2. The temperature inside the refrigerator or freezer compartment is too high (intermittent buzzer, flashing display and light on)

• Press the alarm button the buzzer.

• The red light and the flashing temperature on the display turn off automatically when the refrigerator compartment or the freezer compartment reach the previously set temperature. If the freezer compartment does not reach the required temperature within 24 hours of the alarm being turned off, it will sound again."

I recommend to check first the door switch. If the switch is locked or malfunctioning the fridge doesn't recognise that door is closed, because of that alarm sounds and light keeps on.

Check as well the freezer temperature if it is ok. If the rest of fridge functions are fine I would concentrate on the door switch.

Let me know how it goes.

Kind Regards,

Waldemar

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Waldemar on the model I have
There is no viable switch!!!!!!!!!

Can you localize this switch in your fridge?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132706858207

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I think you may have a different model,the one i have is fab32lcr3uk

Ok, I see.

This switch should be suitable for all FAB32, but apparently is not.

I will opt out and give the chance to other specialists to have a look.

Kind Regards,

Waldemar

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is***** am one of the JA experts, I see the question was raised some time ago do you still require assistance?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
please
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do you know how to fix the problem?
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

How long have you had the appliance, the beeping and light issue suggests it thinks the door is still open so the sensor is faulty.