JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My whirlpool tumble dryer won't start drying even though

Customer Question

Hi my whirlpool tumble dryer won't start drying even though start/pause buttons are on flashing and time is showing lit up
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Almost 2 years old DDLX 90110
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can troubleshoot it as I have wet clothes in the dryer. I was just using it yesterday. There is power as the lights are on
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Could you tell me a quick troubleshooting tip please?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Is the start button flashing a certain number of times and repeating or just a constant flashing, secondly have you cleaned the filter and emptied the water tank?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Water tank is empty and filters are clean. The start button is non stop flashing
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm in Dublin, Ireland
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My number is *****###-##-####
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Right the flashing light would often suggest its not in a ready state, if you switch the dryer off at the wall, wait a minute turn it back on does the start light stay off and if you then close the door select a program and press start do you get the same issue as shown in the picture provided?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I already unplug the dryer while holding down the start button. I did this 3X already
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Right in that case it points to the appliance not detecting the door is closed.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How can that be fixed?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Whatever program I choose the dryer wouldn't start the drying cycle. Just a constant flashing of the start button
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

This can be one of two hardware components at fault.

1. Door sensor

2. PCB

The PCB can be reset in one of two ways, you can leave it unplugged for 20 minutes and plug it back in, secondly follow the reset \ memory clear process below.

Turn the dial to off.

Then turn it to 6 o'clock position.

Press the start button 3 times.

Turn the dial 1 click clockwise and press the start button 3 times again.

Then turn the dial to off.

Should neither of those options work the next stage would be strip it down and check the continuity of the door contact if thats working as expect then its the PCB.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I tried the PCB then
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That didn't work. I'm going to call a a Whirlpool technician
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

I would suggest looking to go for a fixed repair plan as there is a good chance this could be the PCB which can be as much as 130 Euro from here.

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

I havent heard from you in some time do you require any further assistance?