JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

We have a visonic alarm every 2 minutes it gets a low level

We have a visonic alarm every 2 minutes it gets a low level but audible high pitched double beep. We don’t use the alarm how can we turn this annoying sound off ?
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: 3 years
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Work ?
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can i soeak to a real person
Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Whats the model of the visionic alarm, what is shown on the control panel display and when was the last time the PIR batteries were replaced?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This is all I can see S-302481 Rev AO) years ago the battery would have been replaced. Where you I open to replace & with what ? Please
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I just pressed Ok a few times snd it said
System troubled
System jammed
AC failure
So panel has lost mains power. We don’t want to use it, just want it to stop beeping & ideally turn it off completely. Any ideas ? I don’t have the paper work it was installed years ago before we moved in. Thanks
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Now its flashing Ready TRBL but not beeping yet. How do I turn it off please , its using up electricity for nothing ! Thanks

Right so sounds like you have turned it off if its showing AC failure.

You would first need to find out if there is an external sound or bell box, as if there is you need to remove that as that will go off if your decommission the alarm panel in the house.

Next you need to open the control panel and you will see a 12V battery inside you can disconnect.

Let me know if you need anything clarified.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It was showing AC failure before I did anything.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I’m not sure if I have turned it off there is a green and orange light on and no sound now. Control panel is that the large box it is contained within? Do you mean remove the 12V battery to disconnect it ? Thanks

Yes.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Once this is taken out is that it off ?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don’t need to worry about an external sound / bell box going off ?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Providing you dont have an external bell\sounder box that should isolate it, if it does it means AC power is connected and you may need to locate the fused spur and remove that to stop the AC power getting to it.

So to confirm you need to remove the external sounder box before doing anything to the control panel.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok I’m not sure I can do this, who does this sort of thing an electrician ?

A handman can help you its no more complicated than changing a light fitting, may just need a long ladder to get your outside bell box

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok thanks its a bit frightening for me I’d hate to set it off then not be able to stop it, we have a handy man I’ll ask him. After that we take out the battery. Is that it turned off ? Thanks

Correct, deal with the external sounder first.

If you need anything else or run into issues you can come back to me.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks good night

Appreciate if you can rate the response provided to date using the star rating at the top of this page.