JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Bosch Warming Drawer that won't stay shut? Any

Hi, I have a Bosch Warming Drawer that won't stay shut? Any ideas?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The model number is ***** and it was bought and installed in March 2016
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If we can, yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Know, I think that's it.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

So the draw opens itself when closed?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No, it won’t stay shut. When you push it in to close it I can hear the click but it won’t stay closed.

From what you have said this sounds like the lock has failed which is located in the centre towards the bottom of the appliance and secure the door shut.

The part costs around £40 can be sourced here, before replacing that part it worth stripping it down and checking as it may be an adjustment issue but based on it not being intermittent it does suggest this is a peppermint fault.

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That’s it, thank you. We have removed the lock and ordered a new one directly from Bosch

Great so I can close the case please rate the response provided using the star rating at the top of this page.

I havent heard from you in some time do you require any further assistance?