Tamar D
Tamar D, Master Tradesman
Experience:  HVAC/Refrigeration & Appliance Tech
17066333

I have a hotpoint dishwasher that has stopped working. Model

Hi, I have a hotpoint dishwasher that has stopped working. Model is ltf11m132c. The power light is flashing and the lcd screen is displaying 12. (there are only 11 program numbers on the machine) nothing happens when you press any buttons. The problem first appeared 2 days ago when the machine was off and the power button didn't do anything. I switched the unit off using the power isolator and then back on. Then the power button was flashing and the number 12 was on the lcd display. I have checked the drain hose to see if it was blocked and flushed it through to make sure it was clear. Also if you tilt the machine back the error code goes away briefly.
Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The unit is 3 years old. Model number ltf11m132c
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that your dishwasher isn't working properly. My name is ***** *****'ve got 10+ years of experience in the HVAC/Refrigeration and appliance field. I would be glad to try and assist you in diagnosing the dishwasher.

Please note that phone requests are automatically generated by a computer, you do not have to accept that service if you don't want it. If you don't want it simply ignore it.
With that being said, If you want to speak on the phone I will be happy to do so. Otherwise we'll talk thru text.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi, I would rather talk thru text
No problem I am happy to help through text. Was there any letter in front of the flashing 12?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No, its only a 2 digit LCD screen. The 12 wasn't flashing, but the light on the power button was.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
see attached photo
Got it. I was just tying to verify how error codes were displayed on your model, since it’s a 2 digit screen we can assume the dishwasher is telling us we have an error number 12.On hotpoint dishwashers error code 12 means that there is a communication error between the main board and the display. That could be caused by a number of things. Bad connection, bad wiring, and ultimately a bad control board could be the culprit also
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok, thanks. Any idea on how to further diagnose the problem? Where is the main board located? I am a mechanical engineer, with some experience of electronics, so i could do some checks with a multimeter.
Sure, if you take the panels off the dishwasher and find the control board there are some basic checks wee can do for inlet/outlet power. Control problems are a bit harder to diagnose.
If I’m not mistaken on your unit the board should look something like this
The only things I would advise you to check is for proper voltage supply to the board itself... otherwise everything you described to me sounds like a control module fault.If the unit is under 5 years old your best bet would be to try and take advantage of the 5 year parts warranty.Two different main power modules two different facia/control modules all well in excess of 100 pounds.The main modules also need programming and there are 4 different software versions :-(I hope my answer helped, if t did please remember to rate the question five stars at the top as that’s the only way were credited for our answerIf you had another question feel free to ask and I’ll reply ASAP, otherwise have a great night!- Tamar
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK, thanks for your help