Christopher Coleman
Christopher Coleman,
Experience:  Owner at Big River Service Center
66637759

I have a APP2500 extractor fan and the control board has

I have a APP2500 extractor fan and the control board has burnt out.
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Is it easy to replace yourself?
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not sure, depends if I can do it myself / happy to pay someone if it’s not too expensive
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don’t think so?

Hi, My name is ***** ***** I'm an expert here on Just Answer and have been for almost a decade. I will be more than happy to assist you today. I DO NOT send the PHONE REQUEST and do not use it so you will not be charged for that service. The computer generates that automatically and I can't stop it.

This is the control board and it isn't that expensive and you shouldn't have a hard time replacing it either. You can find one pretty much anywhere but your cheaper locations would be like this one:

App2500 Control Pcb and enclosure

If you have any problems or need additional assistance I would be happy to come back in and the system will notify me if you post again. Otherwise please rate my service 5 stars so I get credit for my time as we are verified expert consultants and not employees. If you don't give 5 stars I don't get paid. Thanks and have a great day!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Oh nice, can you explain how to change it? Do I need to solder or is it a straight replacement ?

No, it is a direct swap and not complicated. You can create a pigtail when you remove the old one and should be able to use wire nuts to connect it or solder. That is a personal choice but given location wire nuts would be much easier.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
sounds quite simple. So all i need to buy is the part and some wire nuts. Anything else?

Nope, that's it.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let’s hope it works! Thank you :)

You are quite welcome!