Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Hotpoint Aquarius drier 8kg. Suddenly it wont

I have a Hotpoint Aquarius drier 8kg. Suddenly it wont start. We clean the filter and empty the water regularly after every dry. We take the condenser out and clean that every few months. Now when we set the drier and go to switch it on we just get 3 peeps and the drier will not start. I'm not sure when we bought it but it's about 3 years ago
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: yes is about 3 years old.It is the TCFS 83 Auqarius condenser drier
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: We don't know what the problem is if it's an easy fix then my husband could do it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It hasnt given any problems. We used it on Thursday and went to use it again on Sunday and it wouldn't work. There are only the 2 of us at home so it doesn't get used a great deal

When you get the 3 beeps from it when you try and start it its usually the child lock thats turned on.

What you need to do is press and hold the 2 buttons above the start button together for several seconds and it will turn the child lock off from there and allow you to use the dryer as normal.

Try that and see what happens from there and let me know.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you Daniel you are a genius. I thought we had a BIG problem

Nice one, Glad to hear that sorted it and thanks for letting me know.

If you could remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great.

Many thans

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will rate Thanks a mil
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I would like to give a donation " tip" but I'm not able to do it. The page says it's not available

Not sure about that part but you have rated and thats good for me. Many thanks