Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have ab Aga 2 oven I usually service this myself and did

Customer Question

I have ab Aga 2 oven I usually service this myself and did this weekend
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I serviced my Aga myself and cleared the oil sup[ply ntume de carboinised
replaces the wick and got it alight . It ran fro a day then went out . I however forgot to place the cover on the crucible . On inspection when I dissablmed again the whole burner covered oin carbon However I cleaned and assembled again correctly and cannot get any oil into the burner
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No just need to know because of what I have done did this trigger a fire valve shutting . On the oil pump there are two pots and the fire devices are in the down position so oil should flow
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok to wait for answer thanks Davif
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok to wait thanks Nicola
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is***** see you raised a question some time ago do you still require assistance?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
please as explained lite Aga with no Crucible capon placed . Lite aga and went out . Now cant get oil from the pump through possible Carbon in pipework or has it fire triggered or burnt out pump ??
Pump still warms but no oil to burnerthanks David
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Ok, I cant see how the pump would be burnt out, I would look to disconnect it and check the flow rate on it, it does sound like a blockage in the pipework, the pump doenst provide that much pressure so it may just need cleaning out, and then primed again.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK I HAVE REQUESTED YOU TO CALL ME ON***********I did unscrew the oil into pump and its okDavid
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Does the oil come from the bottom of the pump to the Aga ? If so I could disconnect and how to clear it (put a clear tube on it and blow to the burner ?)
If so I cannot understand what you meant by check flow rate? David
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
still have not has a reply to above
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 1 month ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Oleksandra-Moderator
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
paid £16 for info Did not get anyNot a good service!
David
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 month ago.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and refund your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,