Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have ab Aga 2 oven I usually service this myself and did

Customer Question

I have ab Aga 2 oven I usually service this myself and did this weekend
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I serviced my Aga myself and cleared the oil sup[ply ntume de carboinised
replaces the wick and got it alight . It ran fro a day then went out . I however forgot to place the cover on the crucible . On inspection when I dissablmed again the whole burner covered oin carbon However I cleaned and assembled again correctly and cannot get any oil into the burner
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No just need to know because of what I have done did this trigger a fire valve shutting . On the oil pump there are two pots and the fire devices are in the down position so oil should flow
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 10 days ago.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok to wait for answer thanks Davif
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
ok to wait thanks Nicola
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 days ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is***** see you raised a question some time ago do you still require assistance?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
please as explained lite Aga with no Crucible capon placed . Lite aga and went out . Now cant get oil from the pump through possible Carbon in pipework or has it fire triggered or burnt out pump ??
Pump still warms but no oil to burnerthanks David
Expert:  JamesI replied 4 days ago.

Ok, I cant see how the pump would be burnt out, I would look to disconnect it and check the flow rate on it, it does sound like a blockage in the pipework, the pump doenst provide that much pressure so it may just need cleaning out, and then primed again.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
OK I HAVE REQUESTED YOU TO CALL ME ON***********I did unscrew the oil into pump and its okDavid
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Does the oil come from the bottom of the pump to the Aga ? If so I could disconnect and how to clear it (put a clear tube on it and blow to the burner ?)
If so I cannot understand what you meant by check flow rate? David
Customer: replied 1 hour ago.
still have not has a reply to above