md20/20
md20/20,
13574879

I have an 8-year old Bosch dishwasher SMV65M00GB/44 showing

Customer Question

I have an 8-year old Bosch dishwasher SMV65M00GB/44 showing an E15 error with tap symbol after having run a Finish dishwasher cleaner cycle @ 70 degrees. Tried turning off at the mains but the error E15 comes back. This has happened before and we’ve had to call a Bosch engineer at great expense. Since y
JA: What happened just before your Bosch dishwasher displayed this message?
Customer: We ran a dishwasher cleaner programme at 70 degrees.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried turning it off at mains but the error message remains. If we can reset it somehow we can run it at normal temperatures OK.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don’t think so. Just need to reset it.
Expert:  md20/20 replied 10 days ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your dishwasher today.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks Tyler. Do you have my description of the problem? Roger
Expert:  md20/20 replied 10 days ago.

E15 means that water has gotten into the base pan below the dishwasher and it is now in flood mode. You've probably noticed that the drain pump will run all the time now as well. What that means is that water has worked it's way down into the base pan below the dishwasher tub causing the unit to do nothing but drain. This is normally caused by the drain being clogged or too many suds in the tub causing the tub to overflow a bit. Either way, you'll need to uninstall the dishwasher and tip it forward at a 45 degree angle to drain the water out of the base pan. Be sure to put a towel under the dishwasher first so that the water is soaked up in the towel instead of going all over the floor. Once you've drained all the water out of the base pan, reinstall the dishwasher and pour a gallon of water in the dishwasher. If it drains it out right away and doesn't wash or refill, you still have water left in the base pan to try again, otherwise you're good to go.

Now if you don't want to do all this work just to get your dishwasher working again and you have time, let the dishwasher just sit unused for a week and the water in the base pan will evaporate as time goes on and the dishwasher will start working again after a week.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks Tyler I’ll give that a try. Roger
Expert:  md20/20 replied 10 days ago.

No problem and good luck.