JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

The door on my Baumatic 1212 won't close. I've bought a new

Customer Question

Hi, the door on my Baumatic 1212 won't close. I've bought a new lock but I can't see how to remove the old one because access to the screws is poor. Is there a technique I need to use? I guess I should ask if the lock is the likely problem or if it's just a symptom of something else. There are no errors displayed.
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Baumatic 1212, 5 to 6 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: A week. I've tried pushing it, I've tried the handle on the door and I've just bought a new lock mechanism which I can't fit.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nope
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 days ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Have you remove the door seal and inspected the interlock, as most of the Baumatic ranges dont have screws they clip in place?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No. I removed the top and can see the lock but I can't see or get to the clips or screws because the drum is in the way. If they clip on, how do I remove the lock?
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 days ago.

You remove the door seal, have a look at the video here, all front load washers are the same, but same have clips and others screws which hold the interlock in place.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks. If there are clips, how to I remove them? I don't want to break anything.
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 days ago.

Baumatic do not provide the level of detail your looking for on their diagrams, however from experience these normally have one of two mechanisms screws at the front or push fit mechanism which just pulls away from the front. You need to really inspect the interlock, if your not comfortable feeling the mechanism and freeing it, I would suggest you get an engineer to do it.

Expert:  JamesI replied 7 days ago.

Please confirm if I can close the case or if you require any further assistance.