Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I am seriously considering buying a Rangemaster

I am seriously considering buying a Rangemaster Professional+ 90 Dual Fuel Range Cooker. We currently have a Stoves range with Stoves cooker hood which is still adequate and I don't really want to replace. The clearance of the Stoves cooker hood is 70cm from the cooker. Is this sufficient or do we need to purchase a new hood.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just begun to consider, but have decided to go for the Rangemaster Cooker
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No, will be purchasing through John Lewis probably unless it's more efficient and quicker via yourselves or any recommended supplier
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Don't think so. Think that the existing Stoves is a similar kind of appliance. It's just getting old with oven thermostat now not working and with a kitchen revamp needed!
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Bear with me, will just have to check information. Will be 2 minutes max!

Looking at the techincal specs on this it says a minimum height of 650mm (65 cm) above the hob so as your hood is 70 cm then this is fine and will be ok installed like that.

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.