Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

We have a AEG Favorit 34502 VIO which has deveoped a fault

We have a AEG Favorit 34502 VIO which has deveoped a fault which has the end indicator flashing 3 times and the acoustic signal sounds 3 times intermittently which according to the manuals problem page says that the flood device is on. Can you let me know if this can be sorted by myself or do we require a engineer. If a call out engineer is required can you inform me who to contact. Or post code is KY76FN. Thank you
JA: How old is your AEG appliance?
Customer: We recon around 4-5 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your AEG appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It started doing this from Sunday. All that I have tried is switching it off at the mains then re starting it again in a wash cycle but it still doing the same.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have cleaned all the filters and there is a sound of the pump trying to drain the water all the time

When you get the 3 beeps it means water has leaked into the base tray and activated the flood switch.

Now if you are looking at fixing this yourself then you need to remove the outer wooden door and then remove the wooden plinth at the bottom of your kitchen.

Then make sure its unplugged then you need to remove the metal cover below the door at the bottom.

There you will see the workings. In the base tray you will see water.

Use a sponge and soak all the water up and dry the base.

This will reset the flood switch and allow it to work as normal from there.

But you need to test it and see if somthing is leaking under there as it can be a hose or a motor thats leaking.

But if you dont fancy doing that then you will need to get an engineer in.

The best people to ring is Service Force as they are the repair agents for AEG and carry a few parts for them.

There number is *****(###) ###-####and im sure they can sort it for you from there.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks for your recommendations
I will try it myself first and if I’m stuck then I will contact the number that you offered