JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a hotpoint aqualtis washing machine. Got error F05

I have a hotpoint aqualtis washing machine. Got error F05 and it stopped mid cycle. drained and checked filter -ok, hosed to pump from drum - OK, hosed from pump to drain - OK. Can see the pump impeller and all clear - it turns by hand. Removed pump to check inlet and out let - OK. Not sure what else to do. Is there a way to reset the machine or test the pump actually works before reinstalling and filling with water again?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: model AQ113F 497 E. 1-2 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It all looks clean so want to test the pump runs before I put it all togather. If it doesn't I'll need to buy another pump. Do you supply these?

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

So was the machine full of water when the fault code appeared, or was there only a little bit of water to drain?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
it was full of water. removed clothes and bailed out water from the washing drum before opening the filter at the bottom.

Ok that rules out the aqua sensor being at fault, which is the other common issue.

With the water drained fully, drain filter cleared out, switching the appliance off at the wall and back on it should clear the fault and let you select a drain only cycle at which point you can check the pump is running and the impeller is spinning by viewing it via the filter housing.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks. Am running a shorter wash cycle now. Can't find a drain only cycle

On this model its the Spin and Pump Out cycle, as the key is not having water let in, so that you can leave the drain filter cap off and look at the pump impeller.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you. I reassembled and ran a full cycle overnight. It seemed that disconnecting the power to the pump has reset the controls and the pump ran fine. Problem resolved.