KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

Our Electorlux washing machine is mis behaving. A week ago a

Hi, Our Electorlux washing machine is mis behaving. A week ago a wash had just finished and I intended to put on another wash straight awy. However the machine didn't tuyrn
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Electrolux is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: *sorry i didn't finish there.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Electorulx is only 2.5 years old and the model is EWX 147410 W
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: So the power was lost - I changed the fuse in the plug. The machine had power again but was taking along time to come on but we managed to get a couple of washes out if it. Today I've attempted to use it and again the power has gone. I've changed the fuse again and the machine came on but after the wash today it has no power again.

Welcome to Justanswer … my name is ***** ***** I will help you today!

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your appliance; I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please ignore the phone call request, that is automated and not sent by me.

During what part of cycle power goes off usually ?

Have you tried to clean the drain pump filter from the bottom left ?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi, the power is not lost during a cycle - it just hasn't been turning on in the first place. Once it's on and in a cycle then it seems to last the duration.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I haven't cleaned the drain pump filter for a while. Will do that now
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
i've just cleaned the drain pump and it still has no power.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
do you know this particular machine well?

OK, please clean it and also check the waste pipe connecting the house drain.

Make sure nothing is clogged and then try again.

If the problem occurs again, it is Control board fault that will need replacement.

Let me know how it goes.

_____________________________________________________________________

If you're satisfied with assistance, your 5-star Rating (from top of this page) at this time is appreciated as that's the only way I get paid for my assistance.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask! You won’t be charged any additional fees. Thank You!

OK just got your previous messages.

Yes from what I can see it is a Washer dryer.

Are you willing to replace the board yourself ?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
would the whole board need replacing? It feels like it's a loose connection somewhere as the power has return and then gone again. Both times it's returned it have been after I've taken the machine out from under the counter and then replaced it again.
After the wash today, the machine was still on and I then turn it off myself. To then find it wouldn't turn back on.

OK, by board I mean the PCB.

Before replacement, you can unplug it and remove the top

Then remove the facia and remove all the connections (one at a time) from the control and reconnect them.

Once everything is reconnected, plug it back and try again.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi, I struggled to get the facia and control panel off but managed it int he end. I wasn't really able to remove many connections. When I tried to turn on the machine when the facia was still loose, nothing happened if I turned it the washing cycles, but it I turned it to the drying cycles the screen lite up but not else.
However now I've put it back together power is being received and the machine is coming on and displaying the options for different cycles etc.
Must be a loose connection somewhere but no idea how I'm going to find it.
My guess is the next time we use the machine it will break the connection again.
Any thoughts?

OK, the fault is intermittent so it can either be loose wire or the control board itself, do you know how to use a multimeter ?

Can you test the board with a multimeter ?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I've not used a multimeter before but can probably find some instructions online. Where on the board would I use the multimeter?

This video will give you an idea on how its done.

However, as its working now I suggest to use it and only disassemble if the problem returns again.

It might be loose connection or something.

If you have any follow-up or clarification questions. Please ask me as many questions as you need. There is no additional fee.

If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I've not even attempted to move the machine back into position and it has gone again. The display screen is currently lighting up about that is it. No LEDs are coming on and no digits or disaplys are appearing within the screen.
I'm thinking I'm going to need to call someone out but if the board needs replacing then the board and the call will cost more than a new machine.

The cost of repair will be around £150 including parts

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Really. Even if the whole control board needs replacing? OK that I can handle.

OK, Good Luck