KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

My washing machine won't start. It makes a grinding noise

My washing machine won't start. It makes a grinding noise then jumps to 1min left where it stays until i press the off button. Then when the machine is off the noise keeps going.
Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's an AEG LAVA-MAT Turbo
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Hopefully
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No

Welcome to Justanswer … my name is ***** ***** I will help you today!

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your appliance; I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please ignore the phone call request, that is automated and not sent by me.

Please provide its complete model number from the label inside the door.

How old is it and where is the grinding noise coming from ?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
It's L75670WD. And it's more of a whirring noise really which seems to be coming from the top of the machine
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
It's roughly 4 years old

OK, can you unplug it and check the belt.

You will have to remove the top and back panel.

Check if belt is intact and not worn out or broken.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ok thanks. I Don't have time to do this tonight. But will check tomorrow. Thanks for your help

OK sure, let me know how it goes.

If you have any follow-up or clarification questions. Please ask me as many questions as you need. There is no additional fee.

If you ask a follow‑up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return.

If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today.