md20/20
md20/20,
13574879

Could you give me advice on my under the counter Hotpoint

Hi could you give me advice on my under the counter Hotpoint fridge, it is operating but not cooling, there was ice on the back wall for a few weeks for the last few days of that fortnight it was running but not cooling it also sounded quite noisy & felt warm on the outside, l switched it off and cleaned it switched it back on and it is not cooling the food, in the manual it mentions to check the air vents in the fridge are blocked, l don't see any inside the fridge all there seems to be is a drain hole.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: CTL 55P-G-or K Granite Grey,unsure the exact model but it is 2 1/2 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes if it is not too difficult
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that l can think of

This particular unit you don't need to check vents because it cools by the shill plate in the back cooling down and the air just migrates forward. Other models (the manual is made for several models) you'll have a fan to circulate the air. That being said do you hear anything running at all when you turn it on or is it silent? If it's silent, then unfortunately it sounds like your thermostat has failed. If you hear it running, something is wrong with your compressor which is why it was getting noisy and louder before you shut it off to clean it. That would require a new compressor to fix which is not cheap at all.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
you can hear it running and is still noisy

If you hear it running, something is wrong with your compressor which is why it was getting noisy and louder before you shut it off to clean it. That would require a new compressor to fix which is not cheap at all.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Rather than repair it we are going to buy a new one, thanks for the advice

alright, well I wish you only the best and I'm sorry about the bad news.