JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a 5KEK1522 artisan kettle. I just bought it second

I have a 5KEK1522 artisan kettle. I just bought it second hand and it appears faulty. A bell sounds and the temp gauge light blinks continually. No heat. Are there any fixes or any parts I need to order in order to fix it? Do you have any clue what the fault is?
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I got it today
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Well I don't see many alternatives to be honest
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No I think that's it
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I'm happy to wait if it doesn't incur an extra charge :)
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Can you give me a estimated time frame?
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Any joy?

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Your first job would be to strip it down, and determine if its the element or thermostat at fault using a multi meter.

Generally parts for the KitchenAid non cookware range is restricted, and you need to contact the service centres to get parts sent to you as they are not readily available on the marker.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Do you have an idea of how much it would cost to fix?
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Can you describe what those two component look like for me?

The thermostat is normally around £25, the element £40 by the time you add on postage and vat.

You may also need a set of security bits you can get on ebay for around £5 as the base screws normally designed so consumers cant strip them down.

In terms of the parts trace the wires from the thermostat in the base which is a coil with two spade terminals on it mounted to the base of the kettle, in line of that circuit will be the thermostat which is normally round the size of a 1p coin and about 1cm tall.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Thank you for your help. I'm going to endeavour to do this myself today and finally get my cuppa. If there's anything else you think I'll need to know as a complete beginner, please do tell me. Otherwise YouTube tutorials will see me through I hope

YouTube is your best way as pictures are always better than words, to keep you right if you get stuck, send me a picture of what your looking at and I will do my best to assist you.

By in large let the multi meter prove where the circuit is faulty, isolate each part and check for continuity.

In the mean time please rate the response provided using the star rating at the top of this page.

JamesI, Handyman
Experience: I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.