JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a samsung fridge freezer which keeps getting a build

I have a samsung fridge freezer which keeps getting a build up of ice under the bottom drawer of the freezer. Could you tel me what is wrong.
JA: Do you know the model of your Samsung fridge? How old is it?
Customer: Model RB29FSRNDBC I think it is about 5 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Samsung refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It’s been on going for a couple of months. I just keep getting rid of the ice which can be pretty thick.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

If frost is forming on the bottom it often suggests the door isnt closing properly, start by checking the door is closing, and that the door seal is making good contact around the frame (especially at the bottom of the appliance).

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
The seal is fine.

As per our call, start by checking the door seal for tears or coming away from the door.

Next use some paper to see if the door seal is closing and gripping the paper all around the door edge, it should be holding the paper tightly - this proves the door seal is doing its job.

After that check the temp is being maintained over next few days it shouldnt be varying more than 1 degree, even after the door is open and closed.

Lastly if everything is working as it has been, turn on fast freezer \ supper cool and watching the temp for the freezer drop, this will prove the sensor is measuring the temp correctly as the freezer is getting colder.

Let me know how you get on.